Fun dates for couples on a budget
- June 23, 2015
There’s nothing more exciting than date time with your loved one, whether it’s a fancy Italian restaurant or a walk at the beach, but it should always be about spending quality time together. No matter how rich you are, money can’t buy you love so regardless of your money situation inexpensive dates are still a fabulous way to spend time together. But if you aren’t made of money, these ideas will help you create memories with your special someone without breaking the bank.
- Wake up early one morning and find a beach or an elevated spot to watch the sunrise together. You can pack hot chocolate in thermos, take blankets and cuddle up while watching one of nature’s most romantic views.
- Make a list of your favourite places in the city each and take your partner on a tour. You each get to pick 5 places each and you can spend the day together exploring your favourite places and making new memories at them.
- Have a movie marathon weekend. Pick a theme, comfy up your lounge with mattresses and pillows and make sure you have plenty of healthy snacks. Themes could include Sci-fi classics, your favourite horror movies, only movies by your favourite director (like Quentin Tarantino) or my personal favourite, a Disney themed movie marathon.
- Explore your area. Find out about parks, bush walks, waterfalls, and beaches in your area and then have a local road trip with your partner to check them out.
- Have a water fight. Buy water guns and water balloons and declare war in your backyard. It’s actually good exercise and laughs are guaranteed.
- Snuggle up and do some stargazing in your local park or on your lawn at home. Watch for shooting stars or try and spot constellations and planets. Perfect if there’s a meteor shower or a particularly clear night. If you live in the city, head to a mountain or just out of the city for the best view.
- Have a game night. This could be a game of poker, Cluedo, or even battle each other at Call of Duty. Find something you’re pretty even at and whoever wins has a reward, like remote master for the week, or the loser has to do their least favourite chore.
- Have a picnic in your local park or beach. Put together a nice lunch and chill out on a picnic blanket together, it’s a great opportunity to relax and chat about life.
- Take a class together. Be it cooking, dancing or a new language, learning something together will be fun and doing it together will keep you motivated. Then you can use the skills you learn in the real world on dates in the future.
- Build a fort in your lounge like you did when you were a child. You can set up fairy lights and blankets and make it your secret and special getaway. You could even do your movie marathon within the fort!
- Go on a treasure hunt together and search for Geocaches. Head onto their website (https://www.geocaching.com/play) for more info and to find Geocaches in your area.
- Go to a museum or a free art gallery together. You can both learn something new and have some fun spending time exploring together.