7 Easy Skills That Can Save You Money
- September 30, 2014
Even though saving money can be considered a skill on its own, if you’re having trouble, these easy skills can be picked up by anyone and will help save you money. These may seem simple and obvious, but if you start doing all of them as much as possible, you can start saving money for other things.
1. Do your own housework/repairs. Probably a more easy solution to housework is hiring someone to come over and do it, however, this can be quite expensive. Do your best to look up videos on YouTube and try it for yourself! You would be surprised at how much you are capable of doing it yourself.
2. Learn to budget. For some of us, this may be a hard task to endure in, but if you sit down and do your research, you could come up with an easy budget that matches your expenses and income.
3. Start cooking. If you find yourself having lazy tendencies, try not to spend money on takeaways because that starts to add up quickly. Cooking can be fun, cheap and delicious if you start practicing and making things that you and others really enjoy.
4. Manage your entertainment. Take a look at what you’re spending on cable, outings, and activities a month, if you find yourself spending too much money on those things, look for ways you can cut down the cost. Get cheaper cable, find cheaper but fun activities to take part in.
5. Learn to sell. If you have items around your house that you never use or really care for, do your best to sell them and make some extra cash. Certain items may seem old, dirty, or even broken, but if you take the time to spruce them up, you could make some money off them.
6. Couponing. Some people don’t like to take the time to sit down and go through their coupon options that they could be using, but it’s a good time to start. Don’t make the mistake of over-using coupons on items that you don’t need though because then you won’t be saving the money you should be.
7. Learn to negotiate. A lot of people feel this awkwardness about negotiating prices but once you learn this skill, you could be saving a lot of money. Sometimes when you really want to purchase something, they want to sell it to you just as bad. Learn to get over the awkwardness and start saving some money!